Southern Utah Art Guild
|Posted by Jo Merrill on September 9, 2019 at 2:55 PM|
September 6, 2019
The Southern Utah Art Guild is proud to present its Fall Art Show that will run from September 6 through October 31 in the Red Cliff Gallery. The theme of the show is “Color Explosion”.
The show features 171 works of art from 68 Southern Utah artists. The show consists of contemporary art from all mediums including all forms of painting and mixed media, photography, pottery, sculpture and other. All the art is for sale.
The show is open from 10 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
The Red Cliff Gallery is located in the St. George City Commons Building, 220 N 200 E, in St. George.
The “Fall” award winners are:
• Best of Show – Torie Denning for “The Gathering Place” – Acrylic
• First Place Painting – Fred Joslin for “Marshall Home” – Oil
• Second Place Painting – Julie Samuelson “Waterfall” – Acrylic on Canvas
• Third Place Painting – Maurine Harris for “Color at the Marketplace” – Oil
• Painting Honorable Mention – Georgia Johnson for “All About Color and a Cat” – Acrylic
• Painting Honorable Mention – Ilona Fellows for “Aspen Gold” – Acrylic
• First Place Photography – Alan Holben for “Gold Butte Sunset” – Photo on Metal
• Second Place Photography – Jilene Nielson for “Summertime”
• Third Place Photography – Craig Stocks for “Primarily Colors”
• Photography Honorable Mention – Jo Ann Merrill for “Red Door”
• Photography Honorable Mention – Jason Wallace for “Just Be”
• First Place 3D – Preben Jensen for “Gold Nugget” – Stone
• Second Place 3D – Kirk Mangus for “Brothers, Prickley Pear and Cholla” – Cottonwood Root
• Third Place 3D – Barry Gray for “Beehive” – Wood
• 3D Honorable Mention – Connie Gates for “Psycho Fish with Stand” – Glass
• 3D Honorable Mention – Emily Martinez for “The Floor is Lava!” – Ceramic
• People’s Choice Award for “Only Abstraction” Show – Mathew Walker for “Storm” - Acrylic
The judges for the show were Kathy Cieslewicz and Molly Keller:
Kathy Cieslewicz is Director and Curator for Dixie State University Art Museum. She received her Bachelor degree from Southern Utah University. Her paintings and prints have been exhibited throughout the U.S. She presents at workshops, presents art demonstrations, mentors, adjudicates art shows, and speaks to community organizations. She is an adjunct instructor at DSU and an Art Instructor at Mohave Community College. She is Founder, Presenter, and Director for “The Business of Art and Women Out West professional artists of Utah.”
Molly Keller is an Adjunct Professor of Art at DSU. She received her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration from BYU. She likes to paint with oils and specializes in paintings of children. She has interned for numerous world-renown painting masters such as Burton Silverman in NYC. She has become an accomplished portrait artist receiving awards in the International Portrait Competition, the Portrait Society of American and has been in many other salons and galleries such as DSU, BYU, and the Springville Museum of Art.
The Southern Utah Art Guild is an organization whose mission is to promote the visual arts and artists in Southern Utah. Go to www.southernutahartguild.com to find out more about the activities of the Southern Utah Art Guild.
The Southern Utah Art Guild also operates the Arrowhead Gallery in the Electric Theater Center, located at 68 E Tabernacle in St. George.